Green smoothie?! Gross! That’s what I thought for years whenever I saw someone drinking a green smoothie. They looked gross and, honestly, that’s what I go off of for most of the food that enters my mouth.
However, after two babies and turning 30 (it’s true what they say that your metabolism goes shit at 30!), I quickly realized I needed to find a quick and easy way to get more quality nutrition into my body. It’s all about quick and easy for me these days which makes it extremely appealing to gravitate towards cereal or fast food. I saw that Rachel Hollis drinks a green smoothie every morning, and if she could do it, then damnit so could I!
The recipe I use is loosely based on what she has every morning, but with modifications so that it has a taste I will actually enjoy. It includes only a handful of ingredients and is easy to whip together and head out the door! If you give it a try, let me know what you think!
- 1 Handful Raw Spinach
- 1 1/4 Cup Oat Milk (Can use Almond Milk too, I just prefer Oat Milk)
- 1 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 1 TBSP Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 Banana
- 2 Scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Crushed Ice
- Place handful of spinach in blender. I use a Nutribullet, but there are tons of options including simply using a blender.
- Pour Oat Milk in. (I like to put the oat milk in first. I find if i pour it in last it solidifies the powders that come next.)
- Add in chia seeds, banana, powdered peanut butter and Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides.
- Finish with some crushed ice on top. The ice is a personal preference. I like my smoothie to be cold and not just room temperature. You do you, girl!
- Put the lid on and blend away!
Give it a try and let me know what you think! It’s such an easy way to sneak in those leafy greens that our bodies so desperately need! Keep in mind though, I’m definitely not a nutritionist nor do I have much medical knowledge, it’s simply what works for me! 🙂